Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our First Ministry!






For the last couple of days, Melissa and I have been in Boone, NC spending time together nurturing our relationship. New Destiny Community Church is very important to both of us and we are excited about all He has for us and this community. We enjoy the ministry and The Call of God! But we know The Call starts in our home first. Over the last few months, God has taken me to a higher level of joy, service and favor -- in the home first. Often I make the bed before Melissa gets home from work and put some candles out upstairs. She seldom has to put gas in her car - yes, I believe in doing that for her and recently I've been training her to allow me to open her car door. Each morning I kiss her on the cheek and tell her I love her -- woman of God. I love Melissa. My wife and best friend.

For the last couple of days, I surprised sweet Melissa with a Bed and Breakfast getaway. This summer I have been working required overtime at work, we both have been working on New Destiny, and we've participated in several fun family commitments. So, we are thankful we had the opportunity to Celebrate Marriage! Actually a guest asked us why we came this weekend and I stated, "to celebrate marriage". They thought we were celebrating anniversary, but Melissa explained we just were celebrating because we love our marriage!

My desire as New Destiny Community Church grows is to lead by example - to be the greatest servant in our church. And it starts in the home - to be the greatest servant in my home.

Men, how about it? Are we rising up as Men of God? Men of God on our jobs, communities and most importantly - in our homes?

As the Word says, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Blessings,

Mike Teeter
Lead Pastor

Upcoming dates:
July 19 - New Destiny Launch Team Meeting
July 27 - Kershaw Men's Prison Outreach




803-448-5699 cell
704-947-3829 home

church address:
137 Cross Center Road #252
Denver NC 28037

email
pastormteeter@hotmail.com

home address:

7850 Bud Henderson Rd
Huntersville NC 28078

No comments:

Post a Comment